I was in NY last week and was a guest on the Martha Stewart Show. I know, crazy, right? I have been working with the staff for a few months in preparation for this exciting event and I have to tell you, it was really cool. We made a desk blotter as it's a product of mine that she really likes, and she has many of mine for her home. I don't want to bore you with all the nitty gritty details of my week, but thought I would share a few.
1. Martha Stewart is hot. I am not kidding. Standing a foot away from her, you cannot believe how beautiful she is.
2. The craft room at her studio is truly insane. I wanted to roll up and down each aisle. I worked with her staff for hours the day before the show and I felt like I might implode. Every tool, material, color, I cannot even tell you. A DREAM. I wanted to run up and down the aisles while my patient husband(who sat there and watched us for four hours) opened a bag and suggest we just start throwing things in. That, unfortunately, did not happen, but a girl can dream.
3. I had my own private dressing room with Belgian doughnuts. I therefore had to have my makeup re-applied. Twice.
4. Speaking of makeup, I had more makeup on my face than I have ever even seen in my life. I thought about carving a message on my cheek to my kids.
5. The other guest was movie star Amanda Seyfried. At first I was like great, just my luck being on the show with a 20 year old starlet, but then she said the word crap on air and Martha told her not to say that word. I behaved and have been asked back. See(four children read here): a potty mouth is never a good thing...unless you are in Atlanta for the weekend.
6. My sister, also named Amanda, was begging me to figure out a way to get her out of the audience and onto the stage. That did not happen, either.
7. When reading all of the Martha magazines I stole from my dressing room this weekend, it felt surreal to know Martha and I had been chatting just days before about our crafts.
8. Live tv moves really fast. They play funky music during the commercial breaks and people dance. Just when you feel you might dance too, they say in 5-4-3-2....and you nearly faint.
9. It was an amazing experience, and her staff is full of talented, wonderful people that I will enjoy staying in touch with. Even though they did not take me bowling. But that is another story...
More info to come about some other cool things in NY.